Throwback

It's already September now. I got some throwback memories/experiences to share.
Last month was pretty busy with lots of events.
First of all, this is the main event on August! LOL. Sort of. 
20th August 2013
Encircled of Harmony 圆缘之筑福. This is a competition which organized by our college, Saito College. It's held at Sungei Wang Plaza. What is it about? Please google it. I don't know and don't want to explain it. Forgive me. LOL.
We prepared for it since...erm, I don't really remember, about end of June I guess. We were the design team of this event! HEHE! We prepared the backdrop design and stuffs like that.
The theme was Village of childhood memory.
And so, we came out with the idea of doing Koi Fish sculptures with some giant flowers. Where small things became a giant like Alice in the Wonderland. We have big flowers with tiny butterflies. 

Crew of the day! :)

The design team + sakai Jerry who tried to hit the fish. HEY! That's my fish!!!



The funny Calvin. 抢镜成功!


Me kissing my dear fishy :3

Nicole :D

Hui Wah :)

Le fishes
The big one called 鱼仔,small one called 鱼仔仔!
HAHAHA. I named 'em. xD

We set up at the night before the event and we stayed over at a hotel nearby the mall. 
Pretty tiring cause we set up at about 930pm and we completed at about 1 something. 
The hotel is pretty creepy to me. Maybe I just think too much cause that morning we were watching The Conjuring. -_- 

These are the progress:

We spent about a month to complete everything. Technically not really a month, we only worked on Friday and Saturday in a month. LOL
Spent lots of energy, time, sweat, love into it! :)


The Saito Kite. xD

The fishes are made by styrofoam. It consumed lots of time and energy to do the shape. After we shaped it, the whole place was snowy. xD



GO!

lol

Nicole very stable. (Y) This ain't an easy job. 

Okay, get back to the event day. Everybody got a paper -made-rose! :3
Nice right? :D

I put her rose on her hair. xD I like to play with her hair. Yea... play... I can't think of what word to describe. Limited-vocabulary :P

The VIP gift. Hand-crafted! Paper art. Superb! Done by a girl from MMD. 

That's the end of the event! It was pretty...fun? Hmm, it's quite bored for me actually. LOL. 
Anyway, Happy Ending! :)


Taa daa!!! Guess what? It's a photography studio. :)
Why was I there?
It was really excited. Finally, I'm shortlisted in a lab coat design which organized by Kiehl's.
Pretty lucky and extremely happy. It's my very first shortlisted competition in design. :)
It was an honour. :D 
Okay, why we need to do a photoshot? Well, commercial purpose. They took photos of our final artwork and of course, we as the finalist also taking photo with our lab coats. :)

It was pretty fun. They have make-up artists for make up and also styling our hair.

This is Evangeline. New friend I met! One of the finalist.

This is me after make up. So Not Me. I kept telling the make-up artist that I look weird and exaggerated. LOL. She's kinda speechless cause she's the one who helps me do the make up and I said I look weird, it's pretty insulting her skill. LOL. I never meant that, it's just me. xD

After a month...
finally it came. The final judging and prize presentation ceremony which held at L'Oreal HQ office.

Before heading to lrt station to meet up with friends. I went to KL Central to had a Starbucks. LOL.


27th August 2013
These are our lab coats. The finalists' effort! :)
There's 3 grand prize winners and the winning lab coats are in the middle. :)

Well, I only got consolation but its quite a good experience. I've got 500 bucks worth products from Kiehl's.
At least I got something. LOL. It's the first competition that I got into finalist, I'm satisfied what I've got. :)


LOL. Us in Kiehl's newsletter! :) Yea, that's those photos which taken on the photoshooting day. 

ME. LOL. 


17 August 2013
Taa-daa! Another competition that got into finalist.
Oh well, consolation prize again. LOL.
Once again, at least we got something.
RM300 + Wireless headphone + pendrive + certificate
Not bad. At least I got 100 bucks. lol. But our sculpture is over budget, technically the prize is just to cover back the money that we spent. Btw, the wireless headphone is awesome. LOL
It's a sculpture competition. A group competition :)

Me with our sculpture. Shadow of 56. :)

Hui Wah

Mei Kuan

Group photo :)


Mini Carnival!
2nd Sept 2013
It's a project under Entrepreneurship subject.

We sold pudding, biscuit and marshmallow with chocolate, we did actually have popsicle but that it wasn't ready, not icy enough. At the end we sold part of it and the rest we giving out for free on another day. LOL

We were pretty lame and so we drew the cups. People asked, isn't it kinda wasted? Cause people just threw away after they finish the food. Oh well, it's just for fun. :P


Once again, we did henna on our hands! LOL.
This time I did it on my arm. Looks like a tattoo. HEHE. Am I look cool? :P

We earned quite some profit, at least we didn't lose money. xD
Do a mini carnival in our college is hard cause there's not much people showing up. Unlike carnival in high school, in high school there's crowded with humans. LOL. 
Luckily we only need to do it once. xD

That's all for those throwbacks lately. :P
Soon, it's time to go to hell gate. I mean assessments and examinations. :/
Let's keep it optimistic, SEM BREAK IS COMING! HEHE.
GO GO GO! :3









Comments

Popular Posts